Are you currently using attribution reporting to its full extent? Attribution reporting shows the path that customers take to convert and through these reports, you can determine which channels and messages have the greatest impact on the conversion. This knowledge can be used to make your marketing campaign more effective.
The OnSpot attribution reporting tool can be used to measure footfall and digital traffic to a destination. Install the OnSpot web pixel or your own pixel on your website and include this digital audience in your attribution reports.
Did you know that you can run attribution reporting at any time before, during, or after your campaign? There are some valuable reasons to do so. Below are some alternative ways you can use the attribution reporting tool and why.
- Pre-campaign Analytics and Research
- Audience Filtering
- Overlap Analysis
- During Campaign Performance
- Digital Customer Journey via Web Pixel
- Responder Audiences
Pre-campaign Analytics and Research
Are you looking to learn who visits your store and a competitor’s store so that you can conquest users with a better offer? Or are you looking to understand shopping behavior or personas?
OnSpot has several ways to build or upload audiences to use in attribution reporting:
- Create an audience through the demographic selector
- Create a web pixel audience (including IP address upload)
- Use the residential address upload tool to import your CRM data
You can run attribution reports to analyze existing audience response to your destination(s) to inform your segmentation strategy. Use this information to learn the demographic makeup of current responders to provide insights into how to tailor your offer, or reveal a customer persona you should be pursuing instead.
This analysis through attribution reporting can allow you to make proactive adjustments to your target audience in order to make your campaign even more effective.
Build a post-campaign attribution report and compare the lift in foot traffic that your marketing efforts created!
Have you ever wondered how best to create an audience that combines two different audience types? Attribution reporting allows you to filter your audience in a multitude of ways to get even more precise targeting. Here are a few examples:
- Demographics vs. in-store visitors (example: how many women aged 35-50 with children shop at competitor stores?)
- In-store shoppers vs. Trade Area households (example: how many loyal customers live in the local area?)
- Website visitors vs. in-store visitors (for example: how many digital visitors also show up in person? Do they have different demographics or live in different areas?)
- Create targets from shoppers that shop at your store and competitor location(s)
- Filter current in-store/web customers out of your target audience
Create a customer persona based on an analysis of the locations that they frequently visit. You can quickly run an attribution report through the OnSpot self-service platform to identify a group of devices that visit more than one of a particular type of location such as hiking trailheads, ski resorts, or dog parks for example. Here are a few ways that you might make use of this information:
- Create audiences that visit multiple trailheads and target them with ads for hiking gear.
- Target visitors to ski resorts with apres ski offers, equipment servicing, and more.
- Collect information on people who visit dog parks and target them with offers for grooming, doggie daycares, and other supplies.
There are an infinite number of possibilities in how and where you might collect information through OnSpot’s attribution reporting in order to target the correct customer.
During Campaign Performance
The OnSpot attribution report scheduling tool allows you to run reports on an automated basis to understand performance during your campaign. See foot traffic trends before the campaign is over, allowing you to make adjustments to your offer, creative, landing page, optimizations in the DSP, and more.
Digital Customer Journey via Web Pixel
Use a web pixel audience as either a target or destination audience in an attribution report to understand the full customer journey from both an in-person and digital perspective. Loading OnSpot’s web pixel onto your site and creating pixel audiences will help you segment your customers into digital only, in-store only, or a hybrid of the two which can further help you tailor offers to these customers based on their behavior and where they prefer to shop.
Audience filtering can be utilized via a responder audience to enhance your original target.
This responded audience can easily be published to the OnSpot DSP, your DSP, or a social media network similar to other audience types.
Increase your reach and scale even further with the OnSpot audience extensions. Using the data from known visitors to your website or storefront, you can extend your reach with household, lookalike, and social audience extensions.
As you can see, there are many different options for running attribution reports other than after a campaign has been completed.
Contact our team today to learn more about this tool and other audience-building functions within the platform.